Have You Seen Charlie?

This is Rory. He is blue and round. He has a huge set of wings, and a face that never frowns.
He likes to eat tarts and chalk, and acts like a bit of a dork… but most of all, Rory loves taking Charlie for a walk.
Today he woke up with a very big grin, and couldn’t wait for the day to begin.
Rory got out of bed and brushed his hair, then went downstairs to sit in his chair…
Stomp! Stamp! He plodded along but noticed that something was very wrong.
Charlie was not in his bed, had he fled? There was also no sugar for his tart, which broke his heart.
He needed to find Charlie.
So all big and blue, he pulled out his wings and away he flew!
Swish! Swoosh! Up in the air, he could surely spot Charlie with a simple stare.
He looked and looked and looked. Until behind a plank of wood, he was stopped by a pair of eyes that seemed to be up to no good.
“Excuse me, have you seen Charlie?”
The eyes opened wide but did not reply.
He tried asking again, “Have you seen Charlie?”
Again, no reply.
So Rory, all big and blue, pulled out his wings and away he flew!
Wish! Wash! Rory was in a hurry, and with no sign of Charlie was starting to worry.
After searching for a while, he spotted a cow. He flew over in style, and took a bow.
Scared and weak, he asked “Excuse me, Have you seen Charlie?”
Munching and crunching, the cow finished her lunch and said, “My name is Carly and I have not seen your friend Charlie. I’m very sorry.”
So Rory, all big and blue, pulled out his wings and away he flew!
Swish! Swoosh! All of this looking made Rory feel hot and sweaty. He needed a drink.
Off he flew to the nearest lake, dived straight in and made all of the water shake.
Splish! Splash! He took a big breath and went for a swim, not knowing what surprises lay within.
He kept swimming and swimming and swimming, until he was stopped by a mermaid who was very slimming.
Her tail was beautiful and sparkly, and looked like she was dressed up for a party.
“Excuse me, have you seen Charlie?”
Elegant and strong, she turned around- “I have not seen your friend Charlie, haven’t heard a sound.”
Rory, all big and blue, pulled out his wings and away he flew!
Drip! Drop!
Rory was wet and tired, but had not found Charlie yet, which was not what he had desired.
He flew home to get dry…
…past the meadow…
…past the forest…
and back to his house where he could have a cry.
When he opened the front door, he smelled nothing but pastry. Rory walked inside to find Charlie cooking tarts, how tasty!
“Where have you BEEN Charlie?”
Charlie just stood and said, “I went to buy sugar so that you could be fed!” Rory was VERY happy!
Together they baked the tart, but ate it so quickly that it hurt their heart.
This is Rory. He is blue and round. He has a huge set of wings, and a face that never frowns.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!