The Two Hamsters

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition


It was Autumn , the leaves had fallen from the trees.

2 Hamsters walked down through the corn fields collecting corn ,for winter was coming.The blackberries had ripened and needed to be picked.

The first snowflakes were early and were falling from the grey sky. Suddenly, a cat bounced onto the road

"Who are you " trembled the hamsters.

" I am Bouncy , the bounciest cat ever and I am hungry"

The hamsters ran into the cornfield but the cat was too fast. He bounced right over, they found a hole to hide in. It was one of there secret holes! It lead them back all the way to their little cottage.

Bouncy soon sniffed them out and tried to break in to their cottage

But the hamsters had a secret ring that was hidden under the fireplace and under the coals and when placed in the keyhole at the back of the fireplace , the stone wall opened and they escaped down a shoot to the riverbank where they met an otter who had a rowing boat.

He said "Jump in and I will row you to a little island where you will be safe"

The rowing boat soon slid through the silver water carrying the hamsters and the Otter to the island.

He gave them some food and a flute. "If they were in trouble ," he said "just blow the flute and I will come and help you"
The otter left and the 2 hamsters were alone Night came and it was cold and dark.

In the morning they went for a walk On the other side of the island they found a duck who knew a dog who knew that Bouncy Cat was a naughty cat.

The dog noticed the flute and knew only one note . "The Dog Call"
He blew the flute and all the dogs assembled ashore and the duck gave the dogs orders from the dog boss to get rid of Bouncy Cat.

Bouncy Cat no longer bounces his way and the hamsters lived in peace and quiet for ever and ever.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!