Scared

It just happened to me when I was a little kid, when I started school. When I went to the library, Mrs Smith always told us not to borrow that old tattered book at the edge of the shelf. Thus if we did she would call our mothers and never was allowed in this school ever again.

All of us were listening, our ears pricked as though we got into trouble. No one even dared to touch it. It was full of mystery.

Everyone hated Mrs Smith. She probably acted like that because when she was younger she was probably treated like that. No one knew why she was being so strict. Even all the teachers who taught the children never ever wanted to talk to her. This was because they were terrified of her.

One thunderstorm, I crept into the library. This time I definitely knew Mrs Smith was absent. "Agh" Do you know why? This was because Mrs Smith was scared of water.

I took this old dusty book. I suspiciously opened the book inside. I surprisingly found a map. It wrote "To the Land of Little". I followed the directions and found an old elevator. I pressed the old button. It let me in the elevator. I took a step in and suddenly we were in a background of when she was little. Now we knew what she was acting like. This was my only chance. I saw her mum being a baby. In fact not just me, but everybody. Mrs Smith could even see her.

Now the reason Mrs Smith wanted no one to open it was because she would die if they opened it. Right this second Mrs Smith was starting to melt as though it was a very hot day.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!