Zoe's Diary

Zoe’s diary

It was late Saturday night ‘’where’s my diary!’’ Zoe said to no one in particular as she walked down the corridor.

She went into the kitchen and peered into her parents’ bedroom .There it lay on her parents bed completely dirty and muddy “OMG! Mum and Dad have you been touching my diary? ?, exclaimed Zoe. “Well we found it on the kitchen bench and we were admiring how absolutely tremendous it’s cover was, absolutely beautiful Zo but we did not read it I promise! ’explained mum.

'But then Indi came in and took it, we tried to chase her but she just sort of disappeared’ added Dad. Indi was my cat and she was always up to mischief.

Back in the safety of my bedroom I kept saying over and over it’s going to be alright. I will just wish myself back to Magic Land and ask the wizards of Magic Land to mend my diary with their enchanted spells!. Magic Land is the place where I found my special magic diary.

Then I remembered if you put my diary on your head and make a wish it will come true so I tried it and nothing happened. What I had forgotten was that my diary had a secret lock and key. By turning the key one can wish themselves back to Magic Land where all of your dreams can come true.

I began to day dream about the last time I visited Magic Land, I met the most extraordinary bird who was multi-coloured, however it was the fact that this bird was highly intelligent and taught at the local wizard school. He wore a pointy hat and a cape and spoke with an English accent. His name was The Great Dodo. We shared a great afternoon together and he showed me how special my diary was over a slice of Hummingbird cake and tea. Then with a tap of his wand I came back home.

I turned the key and POOF, I was back in Magic Land. I found myself in a line of wizard students I was back in The Great Dodo’s class. I had my diary in my hand. With one swoop I felt my diary being taken from me. I was shocked.

“You must give this back to me Zoe!,? said the bird. “But why?? I cried. “Because I told you that you had to protect it and never leave it where others may take it, ? said Dodo. “But, but? I said. “No buts ?, said the bird.

In an instant he had waved his wand and I was back in my bedroom. Devastated that my diary had been confiscated from me I flopped onto my bed and wept myself to sleep.

When I woke up hours later, I found beside me a plain looking diary with a little silver lock and key. Although this diary was not magic I treasured it forever and always kept it safe.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!