The "Thing" Of Pickle Berry Bush

As I ran through the rough bush, the dry grass crunching against my bare feet, I didn't dare look back at ‘It’. The feeling-less, cold-hearted face was pure horror. ‘It’ was pale, with blond hair and a dirty, ripped dress.
I felt as though I couldn’t run anymore and tripped and fell onto a sharp stone. As I lay there in pain, with no one to hear me scream I thought of my sweet, kind mother and father and my sister, Betty. I really thought ‘It’ had gotten me, but I found extra strength. My passion had saved me once again. It wasn't over!
I ran into a cave I spotted up ahead. The walls were filthy and the roof full of bats. 'Just like a movie.' I thought. 'A horror movie, maybe.' The thing got closer. I screamed and ‘It’ stopped. I could feel my face lose colour as ‘It’ stopped right in front of me, coming closer and closer. When I looked closely I saw sad, blue eyes with tears in them. Maybe, just maybe, ‘It’ thought I was chasing her!
I stood there in silence, the only sound was the water dripping from the weeds into the river. I saw the things tears fade away as ‘It’ calmed down. My face took back its colour from the hands of fear. ‘It’ looked scared still. Suddenly I realised something, I was the one scaring ‘It’. I was the horrible, infamous thing that everyone feared. I was the Thing of Pickle Berry Bush.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!