Terror In Bed

As sheer darkness fills the room, I hear the wind call my name. I look around, there wasn’t anyone there and the windows weren’t open. I cautiously approach the hallway with fear, I see nothing but a dark, cold, empty corridor. I try to think of what it could be to reassure myself, but all I could think of was the cold feeling I felt in that room.

The next morning I wake up with relief. I could smell golden syrup oozing down soft thick pancakes. The scent lifts me down the white carpeted staircase into the awaiting kitchen. I take a seat in front of the marble bench, still in my pyjamas. The table was filled with scrumptious pancakes ready to be eaten. My wife was standing in front of the stove cooking more pancakes. She stops and passes me a plate full of them with syrup flowing over them like a waterfall in slow motion. I pick up some utensils and make an effortless cut straight down the middle. The first bite tastes incredible like something a chief had made. I completely devour the pancakes until the plate was just filled with crumbs. I prepare myself for a long day at the construction site. I leave with nothing except for one thing on my mind. What did I hear last night, I just left it as a gust of wind.

When I come back home I find a note on the table saying that my wife has left and would be back late tonight. I decide to pass time by watching TV, before I know it it’s nine o’clock and I go to bed. As I lay there trying to go to sleep and not think about what had happened, I hear a faint scratching. I unravel the sheets and peek through my door, I see nothing. I move further around the balcony and still see nothing. I make my way around the hallway and see nothing. At the end of the hallway I find the room of which it happened.

I enter with caution, there standing in the corner is a dark silhouette non-human like figure to tall, too thin to be human. I run out and down the hallway back to my room and slam the door behind me.

My heart starts racing, I know that it was some sort of spirit and it doesn’t want me here. Its claws penetrate the door, I shove a chair against it and hide in the bathroom. I hear it break in. I cover my mouth not to yell. The beasts’ feet make the floor creek with every antagonising step. The footsteps get louder as it gets closer. It enters the bathroom, so I pull the shower curtain over me and keep silent. Suddenly the shower curtain is thrown to the other end of the room. I see its gruesome face absorbing my soul. I feel my life wither away into the darkness of heaven.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!