Village Terror

Every few moments a boom would appear. People were rushing with their hearts pounding, some just sitting there shaking with a horrible look of terror on their face. Wars can be done anytime anywhere. Today it was Kathria's unfortunate day to experience the horror from the main area of the war, there cuddled up were a young fellow, by the name of William and his sister, May, looking terrified. William and May were always together even though he is 12 and she is 8 they still have very similar personalities and get along very well.
"William,” May asked astonishingly, “where's mama and papa?"
“I wouldn't have a clue,” William answered back sadly, “I would go looking for them but I’m too scared to leave you here alone."
There was a long silence. But it was soon broken by May.
"William,” May remarked, “our parents would be proud of us for being brave, even though it’s really dangerous I think it’s the right thing."
After a short think William agreed. Every step they took was uneasy as they were shaking with horror throughout their bodies.
As they reached the front yard of their house they saw shadows in the house which were their parents, with relief they ran up to the first step. But just before the tip of their shoe could touch the step the whole house lit up with orange flames. With horror they watched the smoke come out of their brick chimney and the orange flames tear the house apart. You probably think this is the end of their lives but it’s only just the beginning.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!