My Perfect Twin Sister And I

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

“Aren’t the flowers beautiful” I said while looking at the garden “Yes, they are beautiful Melody, it is blooming season”.
I smile at my twin sister “I am so happy to see the flower bloom with you, Ariel” our mum loved mermaids so she names us after them. Ariel and I live in a mansion alone and we don’t go out that much but Ariel is really famous because of her beautiful, intelligence, sense for fashion, she is perfect.
Every time Ariel and I go out, I never get noticed even if Ariel tries to make them give me attention to me but it never works, I am always behind Ariel’s shadow and I am okay with it because Ariel is my perfect elder sister.
” Melody, Caitie and I are going to the city for a business trail” I looked at my sister with a worried face “are you sure it’s safe”.
Ariel came me a sad smile “I am sure, it’s safe and don’t worry we will come back next month” that is a long time and I don’t want to be alone.
“I don’t trust cars because they took our parents from us so please don’t go Ariel”. I started crying then Ariel hugs me “don’t worry Melody, I will never leave you, I promise” Ariel always keep her promise” don’t you have a date with Tyler “Ariel told me thank and ran always.
The next day Caitie came over to help Ariel, Caitie was their mum BFF and when our parent died she took care of us because we don’t have any family left but we leave different house. Caitie came into my room to wake me but I was awake, I was crying then she said “Melody, are you crying about Ariel and Tyler” I sob “No!!!!” to tell the truth I am sad, well I love Tyler, I told Ariel so she tries to make Tyler fall in love with me but instead he fell in love with Ariel and he asked Ariel out. I told Ariel that she should date him and so now they are dating. It looks like Ariel has felled in love with Tyler and I can’t help it but feel sad about it.
“come Melody, you can talk to me” I trust her “I knew it, sob, sob, Tyler will never notice me, no one will notice me and I will forever walk in Ariel shadow” Caitie sat down on my bed” Melody dear, don’t say that because isn’t true you should believe in yourself and be yourself, there are many people out there who are happy with people, they don’t love that much so Melody please get out there and be yourself” I feel better” thank, Caitie” she left.
Two year later
I did what Caitie said and people started noticing me also Ariel, Caitie came back safely, Tyler told me that he loves me and he was just using Arial. Ariel was okay with it.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!