Rankings

“What in god’s name do you think you’re doing Private?” Screamed Sergeant gill over the pitter patter of bullets penetrating the sloshed mud just meters away from where the sergeant was perched.
Private Sean dashed through the crossfire of both friendly and enemy fire. The pure Adrenalin rush must have given him a boost as he ran as fast as a lightning strike. As Sean was sprinting and ducking beneath speeding bullets he was Slammed to the ground with brute force by one of his most Trusted Trooper, the trooper that had tackled him was a highly trained and high ranking trooper and had known what to do in situations as such. He hugged Sean with a grip lock and rolled toward the trench where Private Sean sat for hours for his shot leg to fully heal.
Private Sean never really believed that pain can hold him back. He was unmistakably wrong and tried to inform Sergeant gill that his condition was stable and his muscles had fully recovered when in real fact it should’ve taken over a month in the infirmary for it to be functional again. Private Sean wasn’t given freedom from the cold dark infirmary, so instead he caused an all-out riot with the fellow soldiers in his cavalry.
Most members of Calvary II had lost a lot of respect for Private Sean, they often neglected him as he fell further into the hole of loneliness and heartbreak. The soldiers continued to fight caring not if he was going to fight as well. The trenches were very Putrid and often smelt like charcoal and gunpowder, most rations were burnt in a huge blaze caused by the enemy during a trench raid. They were weakened and angry. The soldiers took turns in working the front-lines and the walls of the trench as the others waited their turn whilst in slumber. Although no eager to kill or be killed it was part of their beliefs to protect and serve, for the greater good, although it was reasonably likely that they would be caught slacking off with the watchful eye of Sergeant Gill watching over them, they continued to slack on their duties.
A few months later Private Sean was finally let onto the furious front-lines, again fighting on his own going lone wolf and flanking the enemies through the fog and dust of the war-torn battle field. Sergeant Gill begun to recognize he usually disobeys for the greater good and to benefit fellow troopers, he found himself not necessarily commanding Sean around instead giving him guidelines in which he Shall follow. Through this change Private Sean and Sergeant Gill’s bond had become stronger, Sean regained the respect he had lost from his Troopers As he moved increasingly higher in the Calvary II Rankings he was soon just below Sergeant Gill and worked specifically for him and also was given the opportunity to partake in a huge operation that requires his skill and his knowledge of how wars work and how to get about.
Private Sean had successfully completed the operation, he was now on the rank of Sergeant Sean Winslow he now controls his on Calvary and continues to support the war.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!