Fast Or Free

As the sun rose in England, the snow covered streets shimmered and glowed in the light of the sun. Charlie ran past the apartments, around the building and up the stairs, her feet moved quickly to escape what was coming from behind. The extinct back alive, coming just for her and only her, because she wast he last one to be free.

As Charlie rushed up the stairs, one of the biggest things that walked on the earth was right there, staring her in the eye. The Tyrannosaurus Rex, breathing heavily upon her little frightened face. As she inched away the T-rex opened it's humongous jaw and, "ROOAAR!" Charlie's face was wet with sweat, she soaked it up like a sponge with the sleeve of her jacket.

As quick as the wind a pterodactyl flew down onto the head of the terrifying beast. It nibbled, it chomped, but most of all it made an irritating screech. "CCKCAA CCKCAA!" This was distracting the T-rex, so Charlie made a dash once more up the stairs to the top of the building.

When she made it the sounds of screaming and howling filled the air around her. Charlie's body felt weak and tired, but she had to go on. All her friends and family were down there and they were getting terrorized. She grabbed onto the edge of the building and jumped, her curly thick hair rushed through her fingers, she was thinking of a plan, and she couldn't do it alone. She landed softly on a pile of brocken soft toys, and ran towards the group of extinct animals ready for anything.

Her adventurous personality was telling her to run ahead of all the extinct species, but it wasn't easy with hundreds of intelligent animals roaming around the maze they had made underground to capture all living things on the earth. Charlie spotted the Tyrannosaurus Rex from earlier. To avoid trouble, she ran and hid behind the wall of stone and just at that moment the T-rex caught her from the corner of it's eye and, "ROOAAR!" it went again. "ROOAAR!" Charlie ran as fast as her legs could go she turned left and then right and then left again but that was a mistake.

It was a dead end, and not long after it came. The dead end was cold on her back and the sandy floor stuck to her feet, but staring her in the eye, one last time, the T-rex.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!