Game Day

Game day I can’t believe it, my team is in the finals of under 10s soccer. We are moments away from probably being crowned the best soccer team in the nation. This is the first time I playing because last year my team did make it to the finals but the week before the game I broke my arm and I was crying for days but this year I didn’t miss any games and I am going to win. Ok the referees are calling us to the ground, this is it. ‘’Come in, Come in’’ says the coach ready to play. ‘’Remember what I told you, pass it to each other, make eye contact, call out each other names and remember have fun’’. ‘’On three. One two three GO RINGWOOD LIGHTING’’. Running on the ground filling so alive. We see Doncaster Thunder our rival. We have never beaten them before but today is the day, we are going to beat them.

The whistle blows and I am goalie the best position I play. Doncaster has got the ball so many times and kept on shooting and I always stopped them all except for one and the score at half time was 1-0 there way. When we came back on we got the ball and shoot and we got a goal so the score was 1-1 with 5 minutes to go and we were in position of the ball we got all the way to the goals and I didn’t see anything but we got a free shot and Sam kicked it and he... got a goal. I was screaming my head off because there was one minute to go. Doncaster has got the ball and got all the way to me, three, two, one kick the ball, it was flying. It hit my hand and I went on the ground crying because I think I broke my hand but it turns out I stopped the ball from going in the goals that means we won, we won the finals. I was excited that we won but my hand hurt so much that I couldn’t stay for the party I had to go to the hospital to get my hand check out so that’s what I did.

I am at the hospital and it turns out I did break my hand and I was really upset that I couldn’t stay. Hold on why is my coach here and the team?. ‘’Hi Greg we heard you broke my hand’’ said the coach. It turns out they brought the party to my hospital room. They brought pizza, ice cream and the trophies and they told me they wanted me to keep them all. This is the best party ever I love my team and my coach. Nothing could top this day. Soccer is my life and I will continue playing for the rest of my life.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!