Making Breakfast

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Jeff awoke to the sound of the birds chirping noisily in the distance. He got up out of bed and strolled to the kitchen. Jeff was feeling hungry so he decided to make his best and biggest breakfast yet.
He grabbed his biggest frypan and put in on the stove. He went to his fridge and grabbed out: eggs, bacon, sausages, bread, hash browns, spaghetti, pancakes and orange juice. Suddenly he realised that there was no orange juice! Jeff decided to go down to the shops which is one minute away so he begun to jog to get there even quicker. He scanned the shelves for his favourite juice. After he paid for the orange juice he started to walk home.
Suddenly, an elderly got hit by a car right in front of him! The car didn’t stop; it kept driving away. Jeff chased after it, taking note of the car model and the license plate. He rushed back to the elderly lady and found that she is unconscious and her leg is broken and bleeding so he called the ambulance straight away. He could hear the siren from a kilometre away. The ambulance arrived and whisked her to the nearby hospital.
All of a sudden he made a snap decision to go and find the car that hit the old lady and see if it was in the same spot where he last saw it. He saw from a distance that the car was parked at the end of the street. He started to sneak up behind the car to see if anyone was nearby. He remembered that the person driving the car was a man with short, black hair. Looking around, he couldn’t see anyone but as he snuck into the bush to see if he could find anyone, he saw a movement out of the corner of his eye and realised it was the man with the short, black hair, fishing by the lake. Jeff started to run towards the man, making a plan as he went. He leapt at the man and kicked his legs out from under him, forcing him to topple over into the lake. Jeff quickly grabbed out his phone and dialled 000.
The police arrived in a few minutes to make the arrest and finally Jeff could go home and make his well-earned breakfast. He strolled home, looking forward to some nice crispy bacon, soft eggs and some fresh, cold orange juice.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!