Snow Capped

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Snow capped
The wind felt amazing going through my long blonde hair as I glided down the mountain side with my two best friends behind me I swerved to miss a tree I looked back again seeing my friends do the same I chuckle loudly but that was all before I broke my leg and now im being carried back to some sort of civilisation. It hurt like really hurt my leg bone protruded thought the skin on my leg now my friends have to carry me through the snow, that was until an avalanche started now here we are in the middle of an avalanche. “quick” I say spotting a cabin not far off we all quickly climb inside waiting for the mountains of snow to hit the cabin CRASH the snow piles onto the cabin it started to strain under the weight of the snow “ has it finished “ Justin says “ I think so” I replied back we push against to hard wooden door the snow slowly pushes away, “ wait” steph says “ shouldn’t we look for supplies” searching around we stop and look around gathering up all the supplies we could find can soup and medical equipment.
Were off again trudging through the snow trying to find help we found some crutches in the cabin so now I can sorta walk. We keep moving our boots are soaking wet from melted snow our clothes wet as well. “ How much further do you reckon it will take” complains Steph “ another day or two” I reply still with the bone still sticking out of my leg “ I wish we were still skiing” says Justin “yeh well sorry mate next time ill try not to break my leg” “ ok boys enough lets just keep going” RUMBLE “wait what was that” I say in a worried tone “ I don’t know but it dosernt sound good suddenly without waring the ice splits open and I see a bright red jacket go over the side followed by a piercing scream I look round seeing only Steph standing there then suddenly the realization hit me Justin is gone “ we have to keep moving” I say Steph just standing there not moving “ fine if you wont come ill just leave you hear feeling anger burr inside of me I start to move off dodging the small holes in the ice steph calls after me “WAIT” “what” I reply back cursing under my breath “we don’t have time to wait we have to keep going “ “ I know” I cradle her in my arms for a while while I can hear big sobs of sadness we ended but walking for days but couldn’t find our way back. I hope someone finds us soon or there will be nothing for them left to find.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!