Haunted Hill

On a dark and starry night, I looked up at the stars. It was a brilliant sight. I was right on top of Haunted Hill. "Isn't it beautiful?" Sally asked. "I think it looks wonderful," I replied. "There's the Archer and the Southern Cross," I said.

All of a sudden, there was a rustle coming from the bushes. I sat up frightened. "What was that?" I cried. "I don't know Kayla. It's October the 31st and we are right on top of Haunted Hill!" I prayed I wasn't here. There was silence. A huge figure came over.

We ran to the library to find out more. We got the Haunted Hill book out. In faint writing it said "Haunted Hill is famous for its beautiful stars. There you will find ghosts, witches and monsters. One million years ago there was a factory. Now it's covered in cobwebs. Redbacks and whitetails live in the webs. Very few years ago there was a man called Tyler Matthew. He was on top of Haunted Hill when he died from a ghost. Up until now it is strictly forbidden."

"Wait a minute," Sally said. "I thought ghosts, witches and monsters don't exist. Shall we ask Miss Grancher if it's true?" "Ok," I said. "Let's go". "Miss Grancher, are ghosts, witches and monsters real?" "No, why?" she replied. "Aah, just wanted to know."

A few hours later...

"Sally, has someone been doing all of this?" I asked. "I think so," she replied. "Why?" "Because I was thinking that maybe they could have been robots," I said. "Tell me Kayla, how are they robots?" she asked. "Now remember how Miss Grancher said they don't exist?" I answered. "The ghost we saw had a few screws." "Oh yeah. You are saying that someone thinks it's funny," she replied. "Exactly!" I said. "Let's go there tomorrow and we'll look for clues."

1 day later...

"The ghost is over there. Hey it's opening." A shadow came out. "Who are you? Show yourself!" "I am Mrs Felter." it said. Mrs Felter is my neighbour and she hates us! Mrs Felter was silent. She whispered to me that I should not have said that. Aha!

Sally rang the police. Mrs Felter is now in jail. Kayla and Sally became famous.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!