Kingdom Come

“Get that dress sewn up this instant you peasant,” says Lady Brielle. “I’m working as fast as I can me lady, this design is really hard to understand,” says Jonathan humbly. “How dare you call my design hard to understand, you probably can’t understand it because you are an uneducated, simple minded peasant!” Lady Brielle states. “Oh and you're done! No more work for you here. Go find yourself another job.” she almost screams. Jonathan sighs to himself and bows his head, “Third job today.”
Suddenly he hears the cry of an old man, without hesitation he runs to the source of the screaming to find an old man in a hospital bed. The man says, “You there... you look familiar,” Jonathan replies, “I’ve never even seen you before, you don’t know me!”
The old man turns his head slightly to the side, squinting his eyes, “The mark of Zed. Yes, yes that’s it. That mark on your face, that is the True Rulers mark,” whispers the old man as if a thousand ears are listening. “Ok wait, what? I am not a true ruler, so listen here old man. I may be dumb, but I am no fool!” Jonathan shouts aggressively. As Jonathan is walking out of the hospital tent he walks into the king. “Sorry your royal highness, have I hurt you?” Jonathan says humbly.
“I heard what was going on in there and the man in the hospital bed is our wise man. You see, he tells us the prophecies to come, and the one he had just told you is Kingdom Come. You are the true ruler of this kingdom.” says the king bowing down to Jonathan. Jonathan whispers to himself “I could get used to this.”
“Follow us Jonathan, we must escort you to the kingdom,” says the king. So he follows them into the palace and walks into one of the bedrooms and goes to sleep.
Jonathan wakes up back in the same bed that he had slept in the night prior thinking it must’ve all been a dream. As he continues to lay there in awe, one of the servants walks into the room and tells him to get dressed and that the clothes are there in the closet. Snapping out of the tranced shock of it all, he goes to the closet and changes into the finest clothes he has ever worn. Looking around, he realises the king is nowhere to be found. He asks the servants who replies, “You are our king your highness, this is your Kingdom Come.”
With his head held a little higher, Jonathan decides to visit Lady Brielle to show off his new title. As he opens the door to her store, he is shocked to see the former king getting scolded for not meeting her expectations. Out of the kindness of his heart, he asks the king to join him as his counsel along with the wise man. The king agrees. His kingdom has come.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!