Taken By Sea

‘’Okay see you at the beach. ’Maria shouts with excitement as she rushes out the gate. Maria has always loved the beach she says she’s a mermaid. Later that night she packs her bag she has a swim suit, a cover up and other various items. Maria leaves the house at four as students, senior students leave the school at two. She arrives…to see some students she knows and some unknown. If you were wondering what Maria looks like she has long silky choco hair, tanned skinny body, and beautiful nails. After the sausage and ice-cream Maria went for a swim not a normal swim though.

M are you all good? Leiah asks a bit concerned. You are very quiet and you are heading out to deep. We aren’t all good swimmers. Maria doesn’t bother to look back. MARIA COME BACK suddenly everyone is screaming she does not return… couple of days later she still does not return. She is now on every ones worry-about list. Yes that’s a thing now. The day has now come for Maria to return. She now looks different as her hair is salty, her skin has a darkened white chocolate look and she will not come out of the water as if something has changed.

‘’Leiah tell my mum I love her but I am a fish not a human. ’What M what do you mean. Leiah asks worried. I can’t stay for long they’ll come looking. They whose they M what have you done? As I said fish not human. She swims of giving Leiah a little hint she has a TAIL!!!A pearly blue colour with a bit of monochromatic at the end

‘’What do you mean you let her go?? Oh Leiah you have made a grave mistake. Look Mrs Takensea I do not understand. Leiah do you want to know why our last name is taken sea and why M is such a good swimmer. IF that is what you wish to share Leiah replies unsure. SO you’re part mer wow well at least know I know but is she ever coming back? Oh when she’s at least twenty years old we are human too .

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!