Wish

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

As I awoke that morning, the suns warm glow on my face, a sickening feeling entered my stomach. The nerves that had been building up all my life reached its peeking point and was spilling from my mouth. My hands, unable to close the portal to an endless flooding of nerves. But I pushed through. To the day the lay in wait ahead.
Testing. The one word that strikes fear into the When a dark shadow of demons began to fall above the world, people continued with their mindless tasks to society. Paying taxes and playing on their new-fangled E-Phones! Eating Tid Tads and so on.
Finally I sashayed away from stone monstrosity that was my school. I dashed willingly to the park and danced until the night dawned on me. The cold air swirled around me. My eyes glistened in the pool of diamonds hanging in the sky. But the pool was drained as a daunting cold feeling twirled around inside of me. A dark cloud was filling the area around me. Of all the nights. “Just one more day. PLEASE!” I muttered under my breath to no one in particular.
As the sun set on the first night with this dark void in the sky. When the morning chimes of birds swayed throughout the empty streets of my small town, a golden light streamed through the curtains. But peace was all I cared about. Strange. It was never quiet here. That’s when I hit me. The void.
I needed everyone back. I wanted them back. I scavenged through the streets. Desperately searching for supplies. When suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a shifting figure shuffling around behind me.
“GOTCHA!” My voice began to crack as my cry echoed throughout the closed in streets. My clammy hands felt rough against the stranger’s smooth skin. Unlike mine, which had been popping up in goose bumps ever since the morning.
“Ummmm, who are you?” The voice was smooth and comforting. I looked up into his eyes. Smooth hair and a shining bright of comfort was glowing from him. Embarrassment covered my once fearful face. “Oh,” I replied, shocked of who stood there. “YOU!” he bellowed. His voice was so strong unlike what I was used to. “You’re okay! I can’t believe it!” He embraced me into his arms. “Same here!” I squealed. My best friend finally plonked me down.
After my moment of pure joy and letting it fade away, I straightened up. “Do you know what that thing is?” I questioned eager to know about this mysterious void. “I have no idea to be honest?” He shrugged. ‘Only one more hour,’ I thought. “Maybe if we can trade?”
Two groups stood at either end. This is it. After long negotiation, we decided our fate. Our souls for the worlds. But a swift chime rang in the air. It was the 12/8/57 now. My birthday. ‘I wish everything back!” And blew out the candles in the room.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!