Making New Friends - Anywhere

There once was a girl named Janet. She was a very shy girl and didn’t have many friends. Her only friend was Harry, a boy in her class at school. Janet thought Harry was a very nice person and she enjoyed playing with him. Janet and Harry walked into the classroom and sat at their table.
“I have a very important announcement to share” said the teacher excitedly.
“What is it?” asked one of the kids in Janet’s grade.
“We will be having a new student at the school and he is going to be in our grade!” replied the teacher.
The next morning Janet was walking to school on her own. When she was entering the front gate she saw Harry playing with someone else. She had never seen this person before and wondered if it was their new classmate.
“Ding dong” went the bell to come inside and start school. When Janet got inside she sat down and waited for Harry to come in and sit next to her as he always did. Harry walked in the door and sat down, but it wasn’t next to Janet. He was on a different table right on the other side of the room.
“Good morning everyone, this is Joe the new student.” explained the teacher.
“Can you all please get out your maths books and copy off the board.”
Janet thought to herself. “Why is Harry sitting away from me? Have I done something to upset him? What if he doesn't like me anymore? I know, I’ll ask him if he wants to play with me at recess.”
It was time for recess and everyone raced out the door.
“Harry!” yelled Janet.
“Yes?” replied Harry.
“Um, do you want to play with me?” she said nervously.
“I’m playing with Joe and we don’t want to play with you. Bye.” said Harry as he ran off with Joe.
Janet sat on the steps all play feeling lonely and sad.
Harry and Joe continued to play together day after day. Janet was feeling extremely left out.
One day after school Janet had had enough of feeling sad and alone. She had a brilliant idea!
She began to create and imagine a unique and special new friend, one that would never let her down. She named her Abby. Abby was a loyal, thoughtful and caring little girl who would always look out for her. Janet felt special to have a friend in her imagination like Abby. No one could ever take her away and with Abby in her heart, Janet was a more confident and happy person.
At school Janet and Abby played together all the time and had many fun adventures together in Janet’s imagination. They made a big sandcastle, went on the monkey bars, played hide and seek and enjoyed many games of soccer – which they always won!
Thanks to Janet’s interesting imagination, she never felt lonely again!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!