Family Trip

“Pack your bags everyone we're going on a family trip.” My Mum said ecstatically. ‘No my life is Doomed’ I thought to myself the sun stopped shining and the birds finished chirping. Family trips NEVER went well in our family and when I say never I mean NEVER the last time we went on a family trip we left our baby sister on mount Buller and the time before that we got stranded out on a lake for three days. “No Mum we can't we'll be putting everyone in danger” “well not this time” my Mum Demanded “I have everything for the worst case scenario I have, a checklist of the family, a first aid kit, a life boat, walkie talkies and everything” and trust me she had everything but still this happened...

As we entered the hotel my mind was blown with amazement the walls stood tall over our heads and the roof pointed up to the sky I couldn’t believe my eyes. “Welcome to the Blue seas Hotel” said a tall man with a big cheese smile, the man handed over a set of keys “Here are your keys if you have any worries please just come down to the front desk and contact my assistant Amy.”

It felt as if the stairs would never end as I climbed up lugging my older sister’s giant bag full of make-up, finally we reached the top “Well I’m finding the toilet” assured Dad “well I’m finding phone reception” declared my sister “Well looks like you’re looking after the baby then Jake, because I’m going to visit your aunt” explained mum and boom just like that they were all gone everyone but the crying one, yay for me. Will she ever stop crying I thought to myself, and then it hit me. I would tap her on the wall above the toilet so if she needed the toilet she could just go and I could leave and go exploring.

So that’s what I did, and when I got outside I saw an amazing zoo I walked toward the bull cage, I was about to take a photo when I dropped my phone into the cage I tried reaching for it but my arm was to short so I looked around for a key and there hanging on the office door were a pair of keys. I quickly took them and opened the door hoping the bull wouldn’t see me but, he did I swung around and began sprinting for the lake, my legs ached as I ran for my life. As I turned my head I could see the monsters beast bolting after me. I glanced over the lake and saw my Dad and sister, apparently they found phone reception on a boat with a alligators attacking them, and when I looked up I could see my mums head peering out of a window on a train that was about to collide with a cliff and that, was just, the beginning…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!