New Zealand

New Zealand sparked my eye as I drove across the dry tar. I spotted an unimaginable landscape, so I pulled over in my big, blue shiny car. As I stepped out of my car, my long, rippled and orange dress swayed in the wind. As I look above me, I can see it will be a dark and stormy day.
As my eyes peer out into the gloomy location I see the sharp, stony rocks as they ripple the side of the road like a waterfall. The high and steep mountains crush together and make you feel like you are in the middle of nowhere. The trees are small and stumpy as they are just begging to grow like nature.
In the day time the cars go flying past at high speed. When the sun rises, you can hear the sweet chirp of birds and when the sun goes down all you can hear is the cow’s heavy hooves as they clop along the moist grass. At night, it is almost silent, but rarely will you see the flicker of a car light.
As each crumbly step you take, you can smell the dust as it whiffs up your nose and through your body, but then your mind is taken off the scent when the cow jumps out in front of your face and gives you a flaming shock. When your mind has recovered after the shock, you then feel the soothing touch of the fresh mint leaves and it gives you the feeling of wanting to have a taste. It tastes like dry chewing gum but without the stickiness or the stretchiness. The mint leaves sound a little bit spooky as the bushy tree sways in the wind.
This place is special in many ways but my favourite thing is how the scenery makes you feel like you are in a wonderland. I think it is important that this place stays alive with nature so everyone can visit it!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!