The 2010 Flood's



It was a cold winter morning and Bobby and Ryan
went down to the back paddock
to feed the cattle. When they got there all the fences were torn down and all the cattle was gone.

Ryan thought someone had let them out but when they drove around the corner it was bad news, it was the beginning of the 2010 Floods. All of Bobby's cattle were stuck in the thick brown mud. Ryan went to reverse but he got bogged, luckily enough Bobby had a walkie talkie he contacted Frank. Frank drove down with the old yellow tractor and a thick silver steel chain. Bobby got out and hooked the ute up then gave Frank the signal. Frank slowly backed up. The ute came out then they drove on the dusty old road back to the old brick house.

That afternoon they went down to the stuck cattle with the winch on the blue land cruiser and a silver chain. Frank swam out in the murky water with the chain and put it around the Cattles neck. Then bobby slowly wound the winch one by one they got the cattle out of the mud. Then Ryan herded them into another paddock. Then they ran out of fuel so Ryan got the chain and unhooked it. He then got a cow and put the chain on its neck and rode it back home. It was two hours until he returned with the fuel. He slowly poured the fuel into the tank. Bobby turned the key, it started. So they finished then locked the gate and drove home.

The next day they went down to the broken fence to fix it. Ryan starts to ram the post in and Frank and Bobby are going to thread the wire. Bang! Bang! One post done bang! Owww! There was blood every where. When Ryan was ramming the post in he got his finger stuck on top of the post and then he rammed the rammer down and got his finger. He thought it was broken so he bandaged it and sat out. Bobby finished it for him they and threaded the wire.After they were done they went to the doctor to get a x ray. It was broken so they put it in a splint and gave him exercises to do. After the doctors they went home and had a cold beer.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!