We Caught The Robber!


One day, mum and dad had left for work and it was only my sisters and I at home. We were upstairs watching TV when all of the sudden, SMASH!!! I sit up straight with a fright and quietly I peak over the staircase. THUMP!! I hear as Tara comes down from a handstand. "Shhh! There's someone downstairs" I say to my sisters “I want you to be really quiet, I'm going downstairs." So I go downstairs and peek around the cool white pole at the bottom of the stairs and I see someone who I've never seen before. He was a man all dressed in black and snooping around for something. I quickly but quietly hurry upstairs and tell my sisters in a whisper "there's a robber down stairs!" " I need you to as I say" "okay" Tara relied, " fine" answered Jordan in an annoyed voice. "This is what we're going to do." I say to my sisters.



My sisters and I go into our rooms and start thumping the ground. The robber comes upstairs and so then my sisters and I go down. Jordan brought her spy equipment down so I decide to use it. I use the listening device to hear where he is. I find out he’s in my room and he’s my stealing my things. I get angry that he’s stealing my personal belongings. I’m determined to find a way to catch him and save my presence items. “Girls we have to catch him now” I say angrily. “ But how?” they say together a bit too loudly for my liking.”SHHHHHHH! I’m trying to think of that, but I can’t when talking so loudly. Let's go outside.” Then it comes to me. We can get our dogs to get him to give me back my stuff and to go away. I tell my sisters and we get their leads on them and go upstairs. We find him in my room and let the dogs go and they run towards him, but then they get scared and run back to us. We run down and hide with the dogs. I try to think of something else.

I haven’t thought of anything yet I quietly sneak a peek upstairs and see he’s in Jordan’s room now. That should keep him busy for a while, Jordan’s room has loads of stuff in it. I have an idea that will work. I tell my sisters to get the tape, scissors and string.”Ouch” my sister says. I look in the office and see broken glass where the robber came in. I stick string to the wall and the pole at the bottom of the stairs. I go up and get the robber's attention and he chases me down the stairs, when I get to the bottom I make sure to jump over the string but the robber trips and goes flying. When he lands I tie him up.” We caught the robber” I say smiling proudly to my sisters.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!