We Are The Same

Today is my first day back at school in 2016. I am still nervous. I am only eight. My school life so far has been terrible due my background. I am from Torris Strait Island. Everyone has been making fun of my since year four. I have no friends.....i have no company. I alked into my class and i saw the whole class looking at me. I coveed my face and found a seat in the corner. I knew this wouldn't be really nice for a start. As the teacher finishing marking the roll, we left the class. i saw a tall guy staring at me vicously.

as i walked into my next class i saw that tall guy with another few students comer to me closer. i was reaslly frightend but i just ignored them. Ignoring them didn't work, they came closer and then surrounded my desk. i tried to blend in with them.
"hey!" "how are you goin?" i asked trying to look cool.
"hey, my name is tyson," the tall guy said.
'Hmmm, we are not here to make friends with you,said another kid we are here to"-...they pushed me of the chair, pushed my books on the floor and fliped my desk over. i was crying, everyone in the classroom was laughing. the group of boys just left in laughter. i just got up my self.

after that commotion it was time for reccess. i sat down and coverd mt cuts and bruises but it stung alot. the group of boy came to me again and made fun of me. "Oh look, isn't it the little baby?" laughed the boys.
i stood up i spoke back."you guys are rude!" i said.
"huh?" said the boys looking confused.
"we are the same!" i shouted, "why must you be so cruel to my people?!" "why!"
everyone just stoped and looked at me.
"who cares what colour we are!" i shouted again " "you people are not fair!!"

evryone looked at me in sympathy.
"you know what?!" said a bunch of students. "you are right!"
i looked and smiled. everyone was joining me, i was so happy. from them evryone there respected me, and my people.

we are equal.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!