Dream Or Vision

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition


Let me tell you a story... This is not the kind of story relatives would tell. This is story of great excitement and adventure. So sit back and relax as this adventure begins.

I wake up to a dog barking and traffic rushing by. I sit up in my bed as the alarm begins to ring reminding it is going to be another uneventful Saturday. “Urgh” I groan as I find a note attached to my forehead. I pull it off and read it out loud “There is something amiss in your world and I believe you’re the only one to figure it out and put a stop to it, S.P.” SP? What does that stand for?” I shrug it off and start to walk to my door that’s when I notice it the door wasn’t a wooden door like it was supposed to be, it was a metal door with no handle for you use. “What! No that’s impossible” I say my mind race as try’s to find a plausible solution for this but as I back into the wall my pupils shrink as the realisation hits me “I’m trapped.”
I full to the ground and try to think this though. “I’m not completely trapped I do have a window” I say calming my panicked mind “I’m just over reacting” I continued I looked up and become relived the door is wooden again. I got up and went over to examine it “I must have been imagining things” I say as I knocked at the door, which confirmed my suspicions “Yep I was imagining things” I say as I walk to my wardrobe. After getting dress I go for a walk outside but my streets normal noisy, busy way of life wasn’t there “strange” I say as walk past the quiet houses.
“There is something amiss in your world you must stop it’s madness and follow your destiny Sapphire Ruby” I stop as I try to look where noise was coming from but my brains where focused on how this person new my name I look up at the sky and see a bronze medallion with a dragon engraved on it I shake my head this can’t be real it can’t be think. My head starts feel dizzy I fall to my knees and at the edge of my vision black wisp form as my world is plunged in unconscious.
I wake straight away panting as drips of sweat strain my face. As my thoughts come back to me I realise it was just a dream, I put hand to my chest in reassurances. As I lay back down one question still laid in mind a question that seemed very important. Was it a dream? Or was it a vision?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!