Ebony The Gymnast

Ebony The Gymnast

Let me introduce you to Ebony. She is 9 years old. She lives with her mum Tracy, dad Dave and big brother Matthew. She loves them very much and they are always there to help her out.

A healthy diet is important for Ebony to be fit and strong. Every morning for breakfast she eats porridge, for lunch she has salads and for dinner she has vegetables. Sometimes she has a treat like chocolate and ice-cream, but ONLY sometimes!! Ebony loves it all!!

In gymnastics she is in level 4. Ebony can do all sorts of tricks like forward handsprings, backwards walkovers, split leaps, baranis and backflips.
But before you start training, you have to warm up because you might hurt yourself if you don’t. She goes to training 3 days a week to practice and improve her skills. Training is very important to gain confidence and perfect moves. She is getting FANTASTIC at them.

Ebony always makes it to state championships! She skipped level 2 and went to level 3. She does floor, beam, vault and bars. Her favorite apparatus is bars. You have to jump off a low bar to a high bar. It is very hard.

Ebony likes going to state to see friends from all the different clubs. What she likes most about state, is competing against her friends and other people that she might not know.

Not only is she best at bars, she is also good at vault and floor. She is not that good at beam. Sometimes she falls off.

When she is not at gym she is at home practising her routines.
She is also showing her mum and dad how far she can do the splits and how good she is getting at all the other tricks and flips.

In the end Ebony loves all sports but mostly gymnastics. Ebony really wants to go to the Olympics when she gets older. I reckon she would like to be in the Australian team one day!

P.S She is really good at soccer too (but she is better at gymnastics). She has got 15 goals this year! WOW!! She loves gymnastics!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!