The Forgotten Books

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

She loved books, everywhere she went she would have a book with her. Her name was Bella, people called her Bookworm Bella. She read books really fast that she never had enough books to read.
“This is the worst day of my life, why, why do you have to take my books from me?” shouted Bella.
“Stop shouting Bella Johnson! If you want your books back, you'd better get your grades up,” answered Mrs Johnson. With saying that, she threw the books into the locker and put the keys into her pocket.
Bella was as sad as can be, she couldn't do anything properly. One day as she was walking to school, she got lost! She realised this when she saw an abandoned warehouse instead of her school. She tried and tried but always got back to the warehouse as if she was meant to go there.
So she went inside the warehouse. As she walked she shivered in her shoes. She couldn’t believe her eyes, right in front of her eyes were mountains of books. She quickly got a stack of fiction books and started reading. In one of her books was a map. She was so happy! She checked her watch and it was 3:08 so she went home.
After that, she always went there after school without letting anyone know. After a few weeks her grades improved a lot and she got her books back! She always had a book to read!
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!