The Royal Couple

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Prince Albert and Princess Amelia had just got married and they were going to go on a Honeymoon. They both loved animals and adventure, so they were going to an island where there would be plenty on wildlife and lots of spots that hadn’t been explored yet. They hurried along to the docks to board the ship. Soon they set sail to an island called Mystery.
On the ship they realised they were the only ones on board and Amelia said “I have a surprise for you when we reach the island Albert.” “What is it, tell me!” said Albert, and Amelia said, “I can’t tell you yet, you will have to wait until we arrive.” They were nearly there when they got sea sick, but they soon recovered. A normal person would have set up camp with a tent, but the couple did not bring tents for themselves on purpose, they wanted to rough it and sleep in the trees.
To make their camp, they got vines for ropes and branches for cots. After they had set up camp and got comfy, Albert asked, “What is the surprise, I’m ready to be told.” As soon as he had said that, he heard a growl! Luckily, he had brought his gun with him! He jumped out the tree and landed on the ground with a thud. He got up quickly but turned around slowly with his gun in his shaking hands. Suddenly he heard a twig snap, and he turned so quickly that the gun nearly fell out of his trembling hand. When he looked down, he saw the cutest little puppy he had ever seen!
He climbed up the tree with the puppy in his arms shouting, “Amelia! Amelia! Look what I’ve found!” When he reached the top of the trees, he told Amelia what had happened. Amelia adored the puppy, and was glad that her husband was safe. She told Albert her surprise; she was a few weeks pregnant and would give birth when they got back. Albert was so surprised he couldn’t speak for a whole ten minutes, from then on he never let her out of his sight. The next day, early in the morning they went exploring, and found deep pools of sparkling water in which they could refresh their tired bodies.
They were sad when it was time to go home from the island they and come to love. The ship arrived on time and soon they would be back home where their friends and families would be there to greet them.
Time went by at the castle. Amelia had the baby and named her Princess Isabell. She grew up to be a girl who loved exploring and finding new things. When she was old enough, her parents took her to the island where they would have another great adventure but that’s another story. The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!