Jack's First Friend, Elizabeth


One day in New Zealand there was a boy called Jack and he had no friends. Jack went to a school called Jacington Primary School. Jack’s school had everything except a principal! Their old Principal Ms Talcher retired because she was turning 89 and the teachers needed to find a new Principal. Jack has been trying to get his mum to move him to his friend’s school, but she always said no. Every recess Jack watched everyone playing and having fun but Jack did not get very excited because he wasn't doing anything. The next month or two they found a nice man, they thought he could be the Principal. The Principle seemed very nice but he was very strict!
A few days later, Jack was eating his lunch peacefully and then a girl in his class called Elizabeth came and sat next to him. Jack was feeling a bit weird because no one had ever sat next to him before. Then Elizabeth said, “Hi.” Jack replied, “Hi.” Elizabeth asked him how his lunch was. Jack said it was ok. Jack said to himself, ‘Elizabeth is a nice girl.’ Then suddenly Elizabeth's friend Jasmine came over.
"Hey Elizabeth, what are you doing hanging around with Jack?” said Jasmine.
"I am just eating with him," said Elizabeth. Jasmine stormed off.
Then Jack said to Elizabeth that she was a nice girl. Elizabeth said that Jack was a nice boy. Both of them said thank you to each other at the same time. Elizabeth asked Jack if he had any friends. Jack hesitated for a moment and said, "No, I do not.” Elizabeth said, "Do you want to be my friend?" Jack said, ok, but asked why she wanted to be his friend. "Because you're nicer than all of my friends," said Elizabeth. Jack said, “Thank you.” Elizabeth asked him if he would like to come and hang out at her place that afternoon. Jack said yes, but he needed to check with his mum. Then Elizabeth said, “No you do not because she already knows.” “You mean you were planning this all along?" said Jack. "Yeah," replied Elizabeth. They afternoon they got home and had a glass of lemonade and watched a movie. They both had kits of fun and then Jack had to go. They both said goodbye and Jack left the house very happy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!