Jack And The Fire Phoenix

When Jack was two years old, his parents were taken away by a Red Fire Phoenix. Jacks grandmother who was 76 years old, had told him about the incident. A few years passed before Jack went on a quest to search for his parents. He knew where to go because he felt like he had been there before, but he had to go through two places, one called Lava Fall and the other one Creepy Cave.
It was a long two hour walk but he finally got there. Lava Fall was two kilometres high and six kilometres wide. Lava Fall had little fire dwarfs who were very rude and nasty. Jack knew he had to get around them somehow, so he dressed up as a dwarf, which made him look exactly like a gnome. When he was half way through, he tripped and before you could say, "Jack run!" they were after him. Jack made it out alive but with one burn to his arm.
Creepy Cave was a two minute walk from Lava Fall. All that was there was a tunnel and Jack could not work out why they called it Creepy Cave. When finished walking through the tunnel he found himself in another dimension. Jack read a sign saying, ‘Warning - the stupid wizards castle ahead’. Before Jack was able to take a step, a Red Fire Phoenix appeared. Jack went to take his sword to slay the Phoenix but then a wizard appeared in its place. The wizard said to Jack, "Fight to the death!" Jack walked backwards out of the dimension and the wizard followed. Back in Jack’s land, the wizard disintegrated in front of Jack because he was not in his own land and did not have a power source to keep him alive.
After the wizard was dead, Jack went back into the dimension and found his parents alive in the wizard’s dungeon. He freed his parents and showed them the way to get home through the tunnel. Jack and his parents were happy to be home together and safe…for a little while.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!