WANTED!

Cough! The disgusting dust clogged my nose making it hard to breathe. I crawled through the vent as my back ached and my stomach churned. I came to a sudden halt… I had finally reached my destination. Excitement over flooded me. THUD! My feet stomped on the museum floor as I looked to where I had just been, up in that disgusting old vent. I was finally free. There it was! Glistening in the moonlight, shining bright red was the thing I had desired most… the highly priced red ruby. It was the one thing that would change my life - but wait… were those sirens I heard? I looked over my shoulder to see red and blue flashing lights through the window, filling my view.
Dang! I quickly seized the ruby under my arm, pulled my black hoddie over my head so it was completely covered. Sprinted to the window closest to me, and then I jumped at the window shattering it into tiny pieces. I landed on my feet and sprinted down the pathway until I had reached my car. YES! I exclaimed. I grabbed the handle and pulled the car door open. I stomped down on the accelerator as I raced down the road at a ferocious speed. YIIIIIPEEEE! I shouted as I turned the wheel at a corner. I had done it! I had stolen the ruby and had escaped. Suddenly, at the very corner of my eye, there was a flash of light. I had just passed a red light when… CRASH!
A terrible pain shot through my body OOOUUUUUCH! Blood ran down my nose, entering my mouth as the disgusting liquid came gushing down my throat. The air bag hit my face and the car had rolled. Wait, I thought, if I don’t do anything right now, in a few days, I would be behind bars. So gathering up all my strength, I unbuckled my seatbelt and with one big heave, I kicked the door open hoping to escape. But there they were, raising their guns to aim at me were dozens of policemen. There was nowhere to run.
There I lay, blood dripping down my nose as the paramedics pushed my stretcher into the ambulance van. I waited in the van as the most shocking thing was said from the radio. The reporter said, “Reports have been heard that the ruby which was found by the famous archaeologist, Samuel Anderson has been stolen from the museum a few hours ago by a mysterious black hooded figure.” Wait… did I hear the reporter correctly? Because it sounded like he mentioned my great, great grandfather’s name. Maybe my great, great grandfather was a famous archaeologist who had found the ruby this whole time and I didn’t even know! YES! That means it’s my right to take it back! In a few days that ruby’s going to be mine!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!