Man Vs Insect

It was the greatest man vs insect battles of all time, a face off between two of the most competitive contenders. On a day, which should have been filled with enjoyment, the fun flew away and a killer flew in. My family were as busy as a bee that morning. We were all running wild around the house like hyenas, not being able to hold in the excitement.
“Aaron, have you packed your bag and clothes yet?” my mum yelled .
“YESSS I HAVE!” I screamed out joyfully.
We all ecstatically raced into the roaring car, which was jumping up and down in exhilaration. The trip took forever, all I thought of was me, jumping like a frog into the cool, turquoise water. I could feel the cold, crashing waves hitting my small, tingly toes before we even got there.
Finally we arrived. I knew we were in Paradise and my eyes lit up as we entered the park. I felt an immediate rush of excitement and joy. I popped my goggles on tight and dived right into all the fun. The water was as cold as Antarctica at first but then it turned very warm, possibly because of the scorching sun or because of the… You know what. I was struck with fear once I saw the killer. He was the most fierce opponent that I had ever faced. It was a standoff. I was dressed in my floatable, defensive suit. I had equipped myself with a water soaker 5000 and a hydro cannon incase he pulled out anything funny.
He was wearing black and yellow armour hooked with thorns as sharp as a sword. He had arrows that shot a nasty blow and had the ability to strike a death-defying blow. I had to be very pre cautious in every move as there was no telling whether I would survive the next second. FFFFIIKKK! The first shot was fired. I dodged it and maneuverer a quick comeback move. It missed him. He then shot a volley of thorns with the back of his tail, I took one to my body and collapsed onto the cold, transparent water. I was in excruciating pain and felt as if 1000 needles were injected into me. My face was sweating and I was breathing very heavily, so loudly that the whole world could hear me. My body and face felt swollen and my limbs felt numb. I had tears filling up my squished red face.
I couldn’t feel anything. How am I meant to even move my body to do anything now? At the end of the day you would've never thought that a bee would be your most feared enemy, now would you? Bees are definitely something that you should immediately bolt away from if you ever see one. Don’t mess with a bee at all. If you do, it will turn out to be a painstaking lesson you will remember for the rest of your life.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!