That Girl

I will never be that girl.
That girl who looks flawless in all her photos and portraits. That girl that is constantly surrounded by hungry men wherever she goes, I admire that girl.
I create goals to look like her yet at the same time know they are unrealistic.
But how could I ever be that girl?
With a world full of photo shop and enhancement apps, how could those flawless photos be real?
I am admiring a doll. Every detail has been perfected by a team of professionals, and all remaining flaws have been wiped away with a click of a button Society has brainwashed us into thinking that these fake dolls are real, and that we all must look like them We must all eventually learn how
to escape this mindset that our bodies are flawed and that we are not good enough.
Society has placed these thoughts over us like a dark cloud, wiping away all positive thoughts, telling us your size is too big, your number that has appeared on those hated scales of yours is too large. I will never be that girl, but sometimes we need to give ourselves a reality check and remind
ourselves that everyone is too busy worrying about how they look that they don’t care how you look.
Well at least that’s what everyone else says too you when you point out a flaw on yourself. But the most important thing above anything else, is even though no one else may care, there is still yourself.
You, the amazing person you see when you look in the mirror Instead of finding a million things you want to change, find a million things you love I am a strong, independent person and I don’t need anyone to tell me otherwise. So no, I will never be that girl, I am this girl and I wouldn’t want anything different.
I will never be that girl.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!