An Unexpected Visitor

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

It was Christmas Eve so we all were excited. Mum and Dad were out and they were not coming home until tomorrow, so my three siblings and I were getting everything ready for Christmas. Mary and Josie (the youngest and they are twins) were hanging up decorations, Charlie (second oldest) was decorating the Christmas tree and I (the oldest) was cleaning the chimney for Santa.
Just then, the bell rang. “I’ll get it,” I said. I thought there were some kids that were singing Christmas carols,
But when I open the door, there was a man he was quite tall, very round and had a long, curly, white beard. “Oh, hi Emily,” he said.
“How do you know my name?” I questioned.
He said, “Oh I am San….I mean Stanley, your uncle.”
“Oh well come in,” I said in a puzzled voice.
So he came in (but none of us still could remember him). He was strange man, one of the strangest things we saw him do was when Josie couldn’t reach the shelf to get decorations, so that man looked like he just grew taller to reach the shelf and instantly shrank back to size! But the coolest, most surprising was when he guessed that we were tired from decorating and cleaning, so he told us to go into our room. And in a second he called us back, we came out and everything was done nicely, neatly and properly!!! We were mesmerised!!!
We kept a plate full of chocolate chip cookies (I secretly ate one (what, they are my favourite)) and a cup of milk and went to bed. We woke up the next day… It was Christmas!!! We rushed to see mum and dad already making breakfast. “Mum can we…” asked Josie. “No no no, first breakfast then presents,” mum interrupted. So we hurriedly ate all of our breakfast. After we instantly went to the tree, all of our eyes drew to the BIGGEST present we had ever seen! “Let’s open this one!” Mary, Josie and Charlie all yelled.
So we did. All there was in the box was a letter (Mary, Josie and Charlie were all disappointed)but the letter was from someone and said something you will never, ever, EVER in the whole wide world ever believe…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!