The Flood

They were all asleep when Alexzander started to cry. It woke everyone in the house up, but only Izzy got out of bed to see what was wrong. He was not in his bed he was lying on the floor. She was worried, but he was not the one crying. It was Jasper, she was very confused so she asked him why he was on the floor and what he was doing here in the first place. He stopped crying but had no answer. He had a letter and it said, “To Izzy, you need to move as soon as possible. It is too dangerous and there is a very bad thing coming to town. From Aunt Besy.” She started to wonder what it was, but while she was thinking, she started to pack up all of her stuff and tell her friends what was going on so they all started packing and called her Aunt back.
They packed their things in the car, then got Alexzander in his car seat and headed off to her Aunt’s house. When they got there, they were tired and ready to sleep. Not long after they had been there, they all had fallen asleep when Izzy’s Aunt came to ask a question about the house. The next morning there was a news report on the tv about a flood where Izzy lived, she was sad but glad she was not there. Then she remembered that her friend was in the forest to come and live with her but her friend could fly so it was okay and that she was safe.
When the flood had stopped, they went to check if her house was okay and if her friend had gotten away safely when they realised that all the roads were blocked, but they had gotten through because Izzy was a resident in the town. Eventually they drove through and saw all the damage of what the flood had done, it was horrific. They went through her street and her house had been drenched and all her furniture was sopping wet. Due to the damage, they continued to live with her Aunt Besy until Izzy found a husband and had children. So they had move back to her old house then there was another really really bad flood, it felt like it was happening all over again.
…BUT IT WAS.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!