Magic Island

One month ago, people moved into the house next door to me, but there was something I really wanted to know. The people's daughter was holding a secret. I think she is holding a secret because she is always eating fish and is always going to the beach by herself. I'm going to figure this out! When I say that, I really mean it. You see how I mentioned before that she is always going to the beach by herself? Tomorrow I'm going to find out because she is going to the beach tomorrow, trust me.

The next day, she went down to the beach and I followed her. All you have to do to go to the beach is go down my street, turn right, go down the hill, then turn left and there are stairs.

She walked down the stairs and I walked after her. She put her towel down on a rock and ran into the water. After 20 seconds, something happened, and it's not right! She grew a tail! Luckily I brought my swimmers, so I put my towel down and jumped into the water to follow her.

She went down to Magic Island and went into this weird pool. It was a triangle and had soft walls on the sides. I thought that it would turn me into one, but it did not. She gave me a ride home, and it was fun. When we got home, I asked if she had any powers, but she said "no". I also asked how she got her tail. She said her whole family had one. My mouth dropped. "I thought it was just you!".

"All that matters is that you can't tell anyone. Do you pinky promise that you will not tell anyone?" she asked. "I do, I pinky promise" I said. "We're going out tomorrow", "what do you mean we?" I asked. "Us two!" she said. So I ran back home and opened the door. Not surprisingly, mum was watching her favourite show - Pepper Pig. Every time I see her watching it, I just say "you Pepper Pig is a kids show?". Then I just remembered that I could make that robot. But then I remembered that I had to go to Bunnings Warehouse. So I went downstairs and told mum that I have to go to Bunnungs. Of course she would say yes - because she always says yes.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!