Kindred Spirits

Life is good. For I am a kindred spirit.
Our life is great from our perspective. We live in this world where we are free, you know, being young and thriving. Appreciating life. That describes a lot of us.
We are far away from this planet called Earth. We consider life as a gift, a dream come true. For some of us achieving something was an achievement itself. But then someone will come over and crush our dreams as well as our beliefs and we haven’t done anything to them.
I guess now I am more crushed for at this moment I am watching a war go on from my bedroom window. The ones that don’t have our souls are crushing us even more. Tearing our lives apart, killing and hurting everyone on the inside and out. Like they’re jealous.
I can’t look. I go around shutting all my curtains locking all the doors.
Because I’m afraid, I’m afraid that we will die and be forgotten. There are very few kindred spirits. With everyone quarrelling it makes me feel worse, like the world has no sense of peace.
As I wake up this morning, I open the curtains. Buildings are destroyed, bodies are everywhere. As well as crushing us they are ruining us too. I do my usual morning routine and can’t help look out my window again. Everyone is still fighting, I can’t believe it. This has been going on for a month and they don’t care about all the loved ones we have lost. They don’t care about all our work going down the drain.
All they do is shoot and kill all our innocent souls. Like we are the bad guys. Even though we are kindred spirits. We are positive about life and live it. But like I said they just came in and killed our dreams as well as hopes. Like it was nothing, like we are nothing. I hear soldiers storming through the house, I stand innocently still. They point their guns at me and shoot. I let them kill me for that’s who I am. I hear the heavens speak. As I am being lifted to my imagination:
“I do now wake.”
‘Kindred Spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It’s splendid to find
out there are so many of them in the world.’- Anne of Green Gables.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!