The Flashback

It was the middle of the night. I was sleeping, and then I heard a gunshot. It was a loud and clear “BANG!” Probably another accident, I thought. I was sleepy, so I went to bed.
“OLIVIA!!!” I hear a half scream, half sob. ‘Ugh. Not again, my mum should really stop shouting early in the morning.’ “WHAT??” I responded, hurrying down the stairs. I find myself looking at…my sister’s dead body. There was blood everywhere;, I gasped in shock. “QUICK! GET THE AMBULANCE!” I rushed to the telephone and called the ambulance. In a flash, they came to my house and carried my sister inside. I watched them carry her inside, my poor little sister. It was all my fault. If I hadn’t hurried to rescue her in the middle of the night, then…she wouldn’t be like this. If only I could go back in time…If only. There was a phone ring, I rushed to get it, “Hello Madam, we would like you to come to the hospital.”
“Ok, thanks!” I replied, feeling a bit nervous, could my sister be…dead? I told my mum, and we went to the hospital immediately. We got taken to one of the doctors; I remember her name is Madeline, “Hello, I’m afraid your daughter Anna has died. The thing is, she stopped breathing when we took her to here. We are very sorry; we’ve tried our best.”
I couldn’t sleep for months; I kept blaming the horrible incident on myself. I can never forgive myself for that; not now, not ever. The police officers have never found out who killed my dear sister.
“Police officer Olivia?” I heard a loud voice interrupting my though; I turned to find myself looking at my colleague, Lucas. “We have found the suspect, please go and confirm please.”
“Yes,” I answered and went to investigate.
Ever since the incident, I have always wanted to become a police officer. To help bereaved families and to provide them comfort. Well, now I had my dream come true. I will and always stay as one.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!