The Door

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

On the island of Moor, the witch summoned the Dark Creature from the Black Island of Tark.
“What are your commands?” said the Black Creature with a growl.
“Hah, I have made you come because I want a new island where nightmares come true. An island where no one who comes ever returns like your Island of Tark,” said the witch
“It shall be done, but what about the wizard?”
“Never mind him,” said the witch.
“Why did you make us come to this place?” shouted Jen.
“Because this place is beautiful,” said Jim, calmly.
“You mean we are walking along a boring plain!” said Jen, who was sulking.
“It’s only a few miles an…..” he couldn't finish his sentence because only a few paces away was a wooden door.
“Let’s open it!” Jim said in an excited voice.
“But we don’t know what’s behind it,” whispered Jen
“Scaredy cat!” said Jim, and he opened the door.
Behind it, they saw a faint image of a paradise island in the middle of a vast ocean. They couldn't look at it for long because they were sucked in.
They fell into the ocean and decided to swim to the island. They reached the shore and then they fell asleep…
They slowly woke up and then Jim realised they were moving. Little people were carrying him along on a piece of wood. He looked behind him and there was Jen. She shouted but no one would listen to her, (as always) so she gave up. Jim tried to get up but he couldn’t because he was tied down.
Ahead he saw a VOLCANO! They were carried up the side of the volcano. At the top, they got ready to throw him off! But, suddenly he heard a loud “STOP!” He looked back to see a WIZARD! The wizard untied them and said sorry if his people bothered them.
“All I ask,” said the wizard “is for us to go into the great forest and destroy the witch.” “OK…” said Jen. So they set off. But as they strolled along they met a black creature. He wore a robe and his face was hidden under the shade of his hood and all the colour on him was two red eyes.
But then the wizard gave Jim a gold hilted, finely made sword. So Jim, wielding the rather grand sword, took a lunge at the creature. The creature drew a long, dark, iron sword and the blades clashed.
Meanwhile Jen was handed a golden bow and one thousand steel arrows in a thing you hold arrows in (I don’t know its name). Jen fired and one hit the creature on the arm. The creature yelped. Then the wizard gave Jim a blue bubble with electricity in it. Jim threw it in the creatures’ stomach. The creature screamed, then vanished with a puff of smoke.
With another puff of smoke, the creature appeared in front of the witch. “I could not fight them,” he panted...I …couldn’t fight… I…”
“STUPID CREATURE! I’ll…. Wait, one of them teleported by holding on to you, he is on your leg!” shouted the witch as Jim rose up and stabbed the witch. The witch turned to ashes. Just then the wizard and Jen teleported next to Jim. “I hereby BANISH you for life to your own island,” said the wizard to the black creature.
Jim woke up. So did Jen.
“I had the strangest dream!” said Jim. “So did I,” said Jen, not noticing a door behind them…
TO BE CONTINUED…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!