That's So Unfair!

Dad did it again! I started to cry. I tried holding back my tears but it just came out. I am so sad. Why did he shout at me for things that I didn’t do? I did pack up my toys when I finished playing with my little sister. It was her mess and just because I’m next to her, I got blamed!! I ran out of the room, but dad kept shouting for me to go back in there to pack up all the mess!! My little sister just stared blankly into space! Why isn’t she doing anything? I was stubborn, really stubborn. I tried to shut my dad’s voice out, but it kept coming nearer and nearer. He’s just outside my room’s door. I looked up at his angry face. He’s still waiting for me to go out there to get the mess sorted. I feel really angry now. Why can’t he ask my little sister to do it? Why me? I started to call out angrily, but dad’s hand suddenly swung out and he’s holding a long wooden ruler! It’s like he’s going to hit me, but it went onto the door! It’s just a warning to me, I know. I was angry, but I am more afraid of the ruler. I gave in. I went out to clear up the mess. That’s so unfair! My eyes were blinded by my tears. Sometimes, I wonder why I always ended up getting in trouble for the mess that my little sister did. She always gets away with it and I have to pick it up for her!! Does sitting on the wheelchair make her the princess all the time? Dad knows how sad and angry I was. He came back to me after I have packed up the mess, and put me on his lap. He said he didn’t mean to shout at me. He’s trying very hard to balance his work and the house chores. Mummy has gone overseas on a business trip. Dad hopes that I will understand him and help him to take care of my little sister. Come to think about it, I think that’s more unfair for my little sister, who can’t do things like I do anymore after that car accident. I wish I haven’t felt that unfairness towards my little sister because I think she deserves more than this. From now on, I will take care of my little sister and make sure that she feels as normal and as happy as possible. No one deserves to live their life unhappily. That’s so unfair!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!