Day Dreaming

Mr James and Mrs Jane were a rich couple living in a mansion in the sweet smelling countryside with their young child Jade. Jade was a vain, proud and pampered child. She thought that being educated meant nothing. As a result, when she grew up, she became a milkmaid and sold milk in the market as a milk seller. Now that her parents had no income, her life was totally different. It was no longer a relaxed and cool life, it was a life full of hard work. Hence, she could not live in the mansion with her old and weak parents as she could not afford it. So, she lived in an old Irish cottage like an abject person. She believed that there were more jobs in the city where she could get a higher pay. So, she decided to do more work than usual so that she could rapidly save up enough money and lead a stress-free life in the city.
Now, let me tell you about this humorous day Jade had. This day was a cool and warm day. Jade had told Mr Tom about her plan to live in the city. So, Mr Tom had answered that she would have to carry extra pots than usual every day in order to get a higher pay from now on. Jade thought about it, agreed and set off to milk the cows. It was definitely hard work for her since she was going to milk more than usual. At first, Jade felt terrible and struggled to carry all the extra pots in her hands in one go but soon she was on her way. She had a fixed mind-set that she would sell all the pots.
After walking halfway to the market, she started dreaming that she was rich and lived in a golden mansion in the city with servants but she was very selfish as she would not be kind-hearted and give each of her servants some money for themselves. Soon with all the treasures that she would usually save, she bought golden, shiny and shimmering jewellery which matched very delicate, magnificent clothes that not only showed up well on her but made her look majestic and marvellous. Very soon, many men would stare at her while she was in her palanquin going to a place and very soon the men would come to her mansion to ask her to marry them but Jade would say, “NO” and shake her hands firmly. Now, here comes the silly part. Still in her thoughts, Jade shook her hands in reality and guess what happened! "Plop.” All three pots fell and the milk gushed out hurriedly and into the grass. She felt terrible as Mr Tom had suspended her and did not give that day’s pay, but took away some of her wealth. Now, together with the milk not only was her money gone, her dream, her joy of living was gone. This story could be a wonderful example for those who dream about their future rather than thinking about today. Finally, thank you for reading!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!