That's Who Sent Me The Letter!

“AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH,” I screamed excitedly looking at the shiny white package I was holding in my hand.
“Madeline, whatever is the matter with you, you know that I don’t like it when you scream, it vibrates the hou-,” mum said rushing into the living room, she stopped and she was staring at what I was clasping in my hand.
We stood in the living room for what seemed like ages finally I decided to break the silence, “So mum would you like a coffee?” I asked forgetting about the mysterious letter.
“Yes I would love a coffee Thanks. Oh Maddie darling one thing, can you make one for your father too please, I’m sure he would love a coffee,” she replied.
“Yes Mum,” I mumbled walking to the kitchen.
As I walked into the $200 000 kitchen, I thought to myself, ‘I’m only 12 years old and everyone expects me to be like a slave for them, I have to mop the floor, vacuum the 3 story house, clean the windows (which takes forever), clean the car, tidy up my bedroom, mow the front and back lawn, do the gardening e.g., every Saturday, I never get a break apart from today because today is a special day, ( well at least that’s what mum and dad think), today is Valentine’s Day, at least the only day where I get a break from cleaning the house.’
I ‘forgot’ about the coffees I had to make, I decided to read the letter that was addressed to me: Madeline Lee Koster, 8 Cuckoo Lane WA Albany Australia 6330.
I looked at the back of the package to see who had sent the letter to me but there was no name, just signed in bold ‘YOUR SECRET ADMIRER. Xxx’
I was startled, because I had a secret admirer! I must find out who sent this to me and fast, I had to find this secret admirer before the end of Valentine’s Day or I might never have a secret admirer.
I ripped off the back of the shiny white package and peered inside the package to see what was inside. I was startled to find a teddy bear that said ‘I LOVE YOU’, on a red love heart the bear was holding. I called the bear ‘Secret’. There were more treasures inside, I found a box of chocolates. I licked my lips in great pleasure, I was just about to open the box of chocolates when- “Madeline, hurry up with those coffees would you,” Mum demanded.
“Yes Mum I’m nearly done,” I mumbled back to her.
I quickly raced from the bottom floor to the 3rd floor where my bedroom was, I scrummaged around in my cupboard and hid the package from my secret admirer.
Just as I was about to walk out my room I saw Bradley, the cutest boy in my class, standing at my door!
“Hi,” I said with some fright.
“So do you like the package?” he asked strangely.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!