Basement Terror

Lost in the deep, frightening forest. Sweat buds dripped down my forehead, my heart racing like a cheetah as I pushed my way through the thorny bushes. As I made my way through, my eyes darted at a old, wooden structure which looked like a house. I carefully tiptoed towards the risky house. I knocked on the ruined door, no one answered. My hand shaking as I reached it out to the door handle. I slowly twisted the door handle and the door creaked open. I took a deep breath as I walked inside.

As I entered the house, I went towards the old, cracked flight of stairs. The stairs were creaking as I was going up. I reached the middle of the stairs as I heard the stairs breaking. I fell through the staircase down to the haunted basement. I picked myself off the ground as I roamed around. It was pretty dark. I squinted my eyes to get a better view and I saw a glimpse of light. So I ran towards it. I was running as hard as I could and suddenly I tripped and fell into a whole sandpit full of quicksand. I was sinking very quickly as I started to panic. My hands moving very fast to dig myself out but it just made me sink even quicker. I gave up very easily as my shoulders went under the quicksand. Tears fell down my cheeks, nothing I could do except wait until I go right under and pass. I take a last look around before I go. The quicksand was up to my lips as I saw a lever. I forced my arm out ASAP to pull the lever. My hand eventually grabbed on to the lever and I pulled it with all my might. I sunk right under the quicksand. It was the end. Suddenly I felt rumbling coming from underneath me when a platform raised up out of the quicksand with me on top. I leaped off the platform and onto the ground. This time I walked towards the light looking at the ground to make sure I wasn't going to go through any more danger. But I should've looked both up and down because I got caught in a massive cobweb. I tried to get the cobweb off as a large tarantula jumped out in front of me. I screamed for my life as I heard something fall on the ground. It was bug spray. I reached towards it and grabbed it. I pushed down the button on the spray and aimed it at the spider. I sprayed it and killed it. Thoughts of glee ran through my head as I was able to get the cobweb off me. I cautiously walked towards the light as I was able to get of of the freaky house. Suddenly I realised where I was. I was at the amusement park that made you go though the spooky house and get to the other side.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!