A Big MIsunderstanding

I woke up this morning to a loud crash. I looked beside me, my sister wasn't in bed. I ran down stairs to see what was up but I could't find her anywhere. Our parents were at work so I didn't know what to do. I tried calling my sister but there was no answer. Then I noticed a broken window. I peered outside, shattered glass filled the pathway. Now I was getting really worried, I waited at home for an hour or so, waiting to see if she turned up. But she never did. I decided I had to do something so I grabbed my shoes and headed out the door to the nearest police station. "Excuse me sir" I said to the officer, "have you heard of any kidnappings lately?"
"Actually yes i have" he replied, then he told me some more information, including where. "Thank you" I called as I jogged out the door. I know he told me not to go near the house but I had to save my sister. Slowly, I walked up to the front door. Trying not to make a sound. I peeped through a window but I didn't see a thing. I thought the officer might have been mistaken so I checked the house next door. As I merged closer I heard screaming, I knew this had to be the one. I grabbed a ladder I saw on the ground and leaned it against the house to the window where the screaming was coming from. I peeked through the window and saw my sister, smiling. I thought this was quite odd until I noticed all the people around her were her friends. Could it be that I was the one that was mistaken? Then, before I knew it, I tumbled through the open window onto the bedroom floor. Everyone looked at me for a moment until my sister broke the silence. "What are you doing here?" she asked. I explained to her everything that happened today but all she did was was give a little smirk. I was confused at first but after she told me her side of the story it all made sense. She said that she had to go to her friends house to study, she tried to tell me up but I was in a deep sleep and she couldn't wake me up so she just left. She had lost her purse which had her phone and keys in it so to get out she smashed the window. I was pretty shocked at hearing this but I didn't want to argue. About this or why she couldn't have just left a note, I was just glad she was safe. After a matter of time I decided to go home but as I left the front door I saw a man dressed in black carrying a sack over his shoulder. As soon as I saw this I dashed to the police station as fast as I could, looks like the officer wasn't mistaken.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!