Dark Shadow 1

I smell the crispy smell of the nice bread. Dad how do you do this? Dad smiled and side “ it's all experience”. I think we should head home it's getting late and we don't want your mum looking for us. I got on my dad’s small solex. The tyres hit some rock. I was siting in the back and I was jumping up and down. We arrive home and dad knocked on the door and I could here mum running From the kitchen to open the door. We went in and mum smiled and told me to go and wash my face and by the time you come I will have dinner ready for you. My face was pretty hot from from the hot oven in the bakery. I splashed the cold water at my face and it felt so good like if I was put into a cold pool. I went to eat dinner. We had chicken and rice with gravy. After dinner I went to my room to study. BANG! I covered my ears and put my head on the table with fear running down my throat. My heart pounded. I could still hear the eco. I open the door quickly and I opened my mums room door with force and the door flung open and banged on the wall. Mum staring at me like if stranger opened the door. With fear I couldn't get my words out and I was mumbling. Stop panicking mum with a strict voice. What was that gun fire? It should've been soldiers practicing, but this was so loud mum almost as loud as if they were next to me. Just go to bed she mumbled. The sun came out and the sun light shone in my eyes. I woke up and then I got washed and packed my bag for school. I rushed down and then I ate breakfast. I got on the solex and dad dropped me of at school. Hours went past and I came home. And my mum had tears in her eyes. I looked for my dad but I could not fined him. I went to mum I asked here what happened and where is dad and mum said dad has not come home. With doubt I ask here did you ask the people at the bakery? She said they haven't seen him. Days went past and we had no reply from any one. One bad day we heard some gun fires in the distance. They sounded really familiar. After an hour we heard we constant gun firs. The sound got closer and closer until one of my mums friend came there is a war going the dark shadows are here to destroy our land. My mum panicked and people stared to run. My mum told me runaway and hide. I started get scared but I started to run I never ran so fast. The wind blew into my and my legs were racing each other. I ran and ran until I did some thing very stupid. I ran into a dark shadow. Boom I fell backwards and hit my head and every thing was blurry. The shadow pulled me up I tried running but it only took one powerful punch. BANG! I fell and the wind brushed my hair. Who knows what happened.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!