The Flood

“CLITTER, CLATTER, SWISH” it was raining and the tide was going in, the roof was coming off from the wind. I woke up, I quickly woke up my family. We tried to escape. We pushed but we still couldn’t escape, and the house started to flood.

I live with my mum, my dad, my brother and my dog. We all live in a beautiful big beach house.

It was a hot night and was very cloudy outside. My mum told me to come inside and have dinner, dad said that there was going to be a big storm. After dinner they all went to bed.

I started to get cold, I looked up and the roof was gone. I screamed! The tide was going in and it started to rain. I quickly woke up my family, we pushed and shoved but still there was no use.

Finally in the morning it was so sunny. The water was nearly all gone. Our family had to move houses, luckily my best friend was selling her house so our family could move in. The house was so tall and beautiful.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!