Leonardo The Wooden Man.

LEONARDO THE WOODEN MAN
By James Kessler

It was a silent night and the magic shop owners Ann and Jon were fast asleep in their dwelling and a potion that Jon was making spilt all over Ann's wooden drawing man. Something was happening to it. It started to tremble; it started to wriggle off its stand. When it finally fell of its stand it started to move like a zombie then fell off the side of the table. It just got up like nothing ever happened then it started walking towards the steps.

It went down stairs then climbed up the counter and grabbed the keys to the front door. He leaped to the door with the keys in his hand and grabbed the handle of the door and chucked the key in the hole. The door went swinging open and off went the drawing man! Outside there was a stone slab he was standing on and a road in front. There were these massive cars swooping past so he took one step on to the road, all clear. Next step, all clear, then the third step, a shiver went down his spine and he woke up and he was back at the dwelling. Ann was standing in front of him. ''Hello you must be Ann, I'm Leonardo' said the wooden figure.
Ann was silent for a minute ''JON GET HERE NOW' screamed Ann. ''What's wrong" sighed Jon
''My drawing man came alive" squealed Ann
''Wow it could make us a lot of money ' replied Jon ''No thank you I like it here and I prefer to be called him ' interrupted Leonardo.
''Hey I have a good idea. How about we make another wooden thingy- majog" Jon said proudly. ''Wow that's the first good thing I have heard from you tonight' mumbled Leonardo.
The next day Jon was working hard to make the same potion while Leonardo and Ann looked for drawing figures. At the end of the day they got everything they needed, now all they need is to pour the potion on the figure. The same thing happened again but it had a totally different personality. '' Hello slaves, my name is Robert' said the scary figure ''slaves? We're not slaves!" argued Leonardo. "Well, you are now ' said Robert smiling.
The next day Jon, Ann and Leonardo couldn't find Robert. Then Robert came walking through the door. ''Where were you?" Ann sighed.
''Shopping" said 'Robert and went upstairs. A couple of minutes later a swarm of wooden drawing men came down stairs to fight!
Leonardo saw Robert.
''Robert it doesn't have to be this way" yelled Leonardo.
As Robert heard Leonardo's words he snapped out of his trance-like state and said "I am truly sorry, I didn't mean to act like this. I was cursed.
At that moment the evil army of wooden men, fell to the ground and became normal lifeless drawing figures again.
Ever since that moment Leonardo and Robert became the best of friends.

THE END


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!