MURDERED BY A JUMPING CASTLE

Excellence Award in the 'Top Secret 2016' competition

Aaaggghhh! I had suddenly disappeared into the darkness! I was happily bouncing on the bouncy castle with my friends at the school fair -- well, I had been… But I must’ve jumped to close to the edge and now my feet were being devoured by the jumping castle, a.k.a THE MURDERER.
My stomach started to rumble as I realised I was beginning to be hungry. My dad had told me that we were going to get sausages soon, but now I was … almost dead, there was no point. Unable to move, I screamed for help, but every single person in sight was staring into my eyes but not doing anything, as if I was invisible.
The scent of children’s feet was wafting around me and they got higher and higher as I sunk into the inflatable. The vibrant colours of the castle seemed to relax me and I wondered if this was all a strange dream, but I came to the conclusion that the murderer was trying to hypnotize me so I snapped out of it.
Already, I was wedged up to my neck in the gap between the walls and the floor. My ears were pressed up against the plastic so I could easily hear the loud noise of the air pump. I felt so terrified. It was like drowning at a crowded beach, yet no one noticed because of their heartless selves. I didn’t want to die, but it was too late now. I figured I would run out of air in 5,4,3,2,.. ‘Harriet, what are you doing?’ said a voice.
‘I’m dying, can’t you see?? Why haven’t you saved my life all this time, *MUM*?’
‘Hurry up, Harriet, it was just your imagination….’ As if it was my imagination, I laughed to myself.
‘So eccentric,’ she muttered.
‘I’ll be back, Jumping Castle!’ I threatened.
And that was the end of that.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!