Sandpit Disaster

I stepped out onto the yard, into the bright sunny morning, I felt the rough, yellow granules of sand brushing against my face. I had an idea. It was time for …. The sand menu! My talkative friend Victoria finally came out of the building, eating a sandwich and talking at the same time. WHY did she always have to that?! We were the only ones in the area that time. I glimpsed down at the uneven sand, which was now moving furiously across the surface of the pit, straight into our direction, all over us, in our hair and eyes. I started blinking hard and fast, rubbing my eyes until they were as red as tomatoes. AAHHH!! I had a ton of sand in my eyes and everyone knows what it’s made of, don’t they? I was tired, frustrated and itchy. My hair looked like a bird’s nest and it felt extremely irritating. My amazing idea was was a flop, it had ended before it even started. I felt as heavy as weights in confusion and I started blindly trotting towards Victoria, where ever she was. One minute I was moving, the next, well you could say it was… AN UTTER DISASTER!! Suddenly, the ear-piercing bell rang, but I managed to block it out (which was quite easy due to the condition I was in). We both struggled to come to consciousness, my head was throbbing. I had no idea what I was meant to do, we were trapped.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!