The Flash Of Lightning

12-04-1999
It was ten years ago since the incident but I still remember it, clear as day. It all began on that frightful stormy night when I first saw him. His chalky white hair, his jet black eyes, and that scar. It was shining in the silver light of the lightning that had hit right where the man appeared. I only caught a glimpse of him, but that was enough to see the image of him in my head for the years that followed.
Present Day
I’ve moved on now, from the memories of that night. I now know that the man I saw that night was an important person, whom I spoke to after the ten years had passed. He was kind and caring. He didn't hurt or endanger people. I realised that even though my memories of him being scary, weren't true. This man, a figment in my brain for years had turned out to be my father. He had watched over me for years without me realising. He made sure I wasn't injured and kept me safe. I wish I could have done the same for him. He died because of me and it broke my heart to see him go. The one stupid mistake that I made in my whole life, was the one that got him killed. My own father.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!