Passing

She stood across form him, blood dripping down the side of her leg, watching him as he made his way closer to her, his eyes bloodshot. "Come on," his grin evil, "don't you want to have some fun?" He broke off into a sprint, the scythe in his hand ready to dig deep into her.

"Revectum!" She held her hand out desperately trying to stop him, the man was knocked back by an invisible force. The girl smirked at her achievement, she turned and ran towards the wall at the end of the room, "Vibrect" a purple circle formed, the inside of it transparent. She jumped through the circle into the bright morning sky, she began to fall from a fifteen story building. "Niflum." The gravity around her lessened, her feet lightly touching the ground before it returned to normal. She looked up as the sound of broken glass filled the morning sky, the man was falling through the air. She broke off into a sprint again, she turned around, her hand outstretched, a barrier forming, stopping the flying shards from hitting her. The man landed elegantly, his cape surrounding him.

"Don't run Veronica!" The man yelled, chasing after her.

Veronica gritted her teeth, she spun around, her hands outstretched, three flaming triangles spun rapidly in front of her, "ignis veridum!" The triangle burst, a massive triangular beam shot out of her hands, slamming into the stunned mans chest, sending him backwards into the pillar of the building, cracks formed around him, the beam pushing him further into the pillar, smoke curling into the sky off of his incinerating body. The beam began to fizzle, finally dispersing with a whirring sound.

"That's a good girl." He smiled "now, how about we see your real powers?" He began sprinting towards her, his scythe gleaming in the sun. Veronica pulled out hair tie, her golden hair fell around her shoulders.

"Enough of this." She stood firmly on the ground, she stood still as the scythe approached her, she grabbed the blade with an armoured hand. The gauntlet melted onto the blade encasing it, melting it. She moved her other hand, grabbing the staff. She yanked the staff away from him. The man was still smiling as she swiped the staff under him, knocking him over.

"Little girl," he smirked at her, "do you even know who I am?"

"I couldn't care less." She jumped a few meters backwards as the man pulled another scythe from his sleeve.

"Really? The cloak? The scythe?" He waved it around as if the answer was right there in front of her.

Her eyes widened as she realised who he was, why he was after her, "Death." She stood there staring as he approached her slowly. She took his outstretched hand giving up.

"You're a lucky one. I don't kill you, I take you to heaven." He wrapped an arm around her as they made their way through a golden door filled with flowing white smoke.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!